arious sources including historic maps (1-4), local history records5 and oral history collections6 reveal past names for local roads, bridges, landscape features and areas in Yellow Walls that are no longer in use.
The map below shows some of these names.
1. Ordnance Survey Of Ireland 6″ Map: [online].
2. Ordnance Survey Of Ireland 25″ Map: [online].
3. Survey of the Town and Lands of Malahide. Clarges Greene & Son, 1851.
4. A Map of the County of Dublin : Divided in Barony’s, Reduced from an Actual Survey in four Sheets By John Rocque Topographer to his Majesty. Rocques, John, 1760-2.
5. O’Neill, Patrick. An Macalla, No. 10, April 08, 1962.
6. Schools’ Collection of the National Folklore Collection of Ireland. Available online at Dúchas.ie.